Job Opening: Case Management Specialist
Mission: St. Louis is currently interviewing applicants for the Case Management Specialist position. This is a part-time (averages 15 hours a week) hourly position. The position needs to be filled immediately. To apply, e-mail email@example.com your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements.
Mission: St. Louis empowers people to transform their lives, families and neighborhoods. We strive to create opportunity by implementing three core programs: Beyond School, Beyond Jobs and Beyond Charity. Our approach is driven by relationship and empowerment. Beyond School is an expanded learning opportunity that gets youth back on track for success in high school and beyond. Beyond Jobs equips men for employment, connects them with opportunities and walks alongside them as they transform their lives. Beyond Charity is a collection of programs, the largest of which cares for older adults and helps them remain matriarchs and patriarchs in their communities. Through a multi-generational approach that builds relationships with people and then empowers them to succeed, Mission: St. Louis is equipping families to work their way out of poverty.
Position Description: Case Management Specialist
The Case Management Specialist will work directly with older adults 60+ and adults with disabilities ages 18-59, connecting them to resources through benefits assistance and ensuring they are meeting their goals through case management. This position will implement the existing program model to serve older adults in partnership with the St. Louis Area Agency on Aging (SLAAA), senior centers and community resources.
- Provide holistic and comprehensive case management/care coordination services to all clients including: intake assessment, benefit assessment, goal setting, long-term case plan development, weekly case plan development, progress monitoring, individual money management, tenant education, advocacy and referrals
- Oversee and administer the daily activities of the Case Management and Benefits Assistance programs, ensuring compliance with all contractual regulations and obligations, specifically SLAAA
- Participate in necessary certification training requirements (CLAIM)
- Document all services in NAPIS, ETO, case notes and reports as necessary
- Increase the visibility and name recognition of Mission: St. Louis and our programs by networking and attending social work meetings
- Provide educational presentations to the community or partners including revising and/or compiling information for educational materials as needed
- Provide supervision for MSW practicum students
- Attend and participate in all necessary meetings including office wide meetings, SLAAA provider meetings and SLAAA Case Management meetings
The above list is not exhaustive; there will be times where you will be asked to help participate and potentially lead out other projects on an ad hoc basis. This can include areas outside of your immediate area of responsibility. These projects can come for your direct supervisor, as well as other parts of the leadership team.
- Discipline-specific certification is a requirement for this position (i.e. CLAIM)
- 3-5 years experience providing direct practice with older adults
- Master of Social Work degree
- Driver’s license and automobile required to travel to older adults or sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You love helping people. Not only do you like people, but you are motivated by working with vulnerable populations, empowering them with resources to live high quality lives.
You have strong boundaries. You realize that you cannot want change for a person more than they do. They are in control of their lives and you are there to assist.
You are very flexible, even with last minute changes. You have plans, but you are ready to adjust as needed when unforeseen obstacles arise.
You can bridge communities of different types of people. You are not only comfortable with different types of people, you understand how to help them connect with each other.
You are organized. You can complete tasks and build systems and structures.
You love networking. Find new resources to help your clients? Yes, please!
You are a team player. You can take direction, but you can also work with others to develop and carry out. You can respectfully voice your own opinions while listening to the ideas of others. To you, differences with teammates are opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate.
Overall: Enthusiastic with a strong belief that people can grow and succeed