Apply for Beyond Jobs + Invest in the Lives of the Men in Our City
Interested in working for the Mission: St. Louis Beyond Jobs program? These are the positions we currently have open.
Beyond Jobs Student Relations Coordinator
Under the leadership of the Director of Beyond Jobs and the Beyond Jobs Operations Manager, the Student Relations Coordinator will execute and grow the Job & Leadership Training and Hire St. Louis programs. The mission of Job & Leadership Training (JLT) is to empower men from under-resourced communities to become leaders in their families, jobs and communities. Quarterly sessions begin with an 8-week boot camp then have a year of monthly follow-ups. Hire St. Louis is an employment agency that connects JLT graduates to job opportunities.
A majority of hours are during the standard workday, but at least two evenings are required while program is in session, along with an occasional weekend at session kickoff. Hire St. Louis employers may call in early mornings and must be responded to promptly.
The position requires someone who:
- Is able to deliver quality program services
- Is able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, particularly program participants, but also volunteers and business partners
- Is passionate about serving the inner city context and is able to take information and communicate it in a contextual way
- Is able to manage conflict in a direct yet caring way
The main projects and responsibilities for this position include:
1. Job & Leadership Training (JLT) - 80%
- Build solid relationships with JLT students in order to teach, coach, encourage and challenge them to grow personally and professionally
- Execute program systems promptly, efficiently and accurately
- Complete program intake and evaluation paperwork efficiently and accurately
- Recruit students each session through partnerships and word of mouth
- Teach classes on soft skills, manhood and other topics as needed
- Facilitate conversations among groups of students and volunteers as needed
- Work with internship providers to ensure positive experiences for students and businesses
- Problem-solve and address crises that arise with students, volunteers and internship providers
- Assist with preparing, serving and cleaning up program meals as needed
- Develop partnerships with nonprofits to offer supportive services to program participants
2. Hire St. Louis - 20%
- Manage new and existing relationships of business owners to ensure their satisfaction with the program
- Recruit potential employees to be placed in temporary positions
- Work with the Beyond Jobs Operations Manager and other staff members to ensure business owners are being communicated with on a regular basis and are having their working needs met
- Work diligently in matching and placing qualifying temps with appropriate businesses as needed
- Complete program paperwork to ensure proper payroll and other needs are met
- Handle worker's compensation or other issues that may arise
This list is not exhaustive; other duties and responsibilities will arise and may be assigned by any senior team member.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's, Associates, some college, or commensurate life experience
- 1-3 years in a nonprofit social services role directly serving clients
If interested in applying, please send an email to email@example.com with the cover letter in the body and a resumé attached.